Saturday, December 11, 2010

Instead of my step-sister's number you gave me a psycho's.

So today is the day of my mom's and my step-family's little Christmas celebration., which we have named Little Christmas.  Actually it's usually one of the biggest Christmas celebrations I go to because there is 11 of us now.  It's also the day of the biggest snow storm since 1991.  Seriously we have about 8 inches of snow on the ground and it's going to keep snowing all day long.  Right now it's about a quarter to noon. 

Brent shoveled our driveway and we tried to get our car out of our little street in Minneapolis today.  Fail.  MY mother insisted that they will eventually plow our street.  I told her that Minneapolis snow emergencies take about three days to complete, they will declare one tomorrow and start plowing at 9 pm Sunday and won't finish until Tuesday morning, which is when our street will finally be completely plowed.  Minneapolis only plows main roads and highways during the actually snow, we aren't fancy like Edina, where she lives.  I'm sure they've been down her street several times now. 

So I called and said we will not be making it this year and our only hope is if my step-brother can pick us up.  I called his cell and left a message and realized I didn't have his wife's cell or their home phone, if they have one.  My mom didn't have it either so gave me my step-sister's phone number, who should have all the numbers of all the step-family. 

Well I called the number and there was a small "Hello." and I said, "Hi, this is Andrea."  Silence.  "Um, I'm trying to reach Allison."  Silence.  "Hello?  Hellooooo?"  I hung up.  Then my phone wouldn't call anywhere and I asked Brent to try the number.  He got a person to actually talk to him and he said it was the wrong number.  Oops, either I wrote it down wrong or my mom said it wrong.  But by this time my step-brother had gotten back to me, so I didn't need it anymore. 

But then a number I didn't recognize called my cell and I picked up and said "hello" and they hung up on me.  I soon realized that this was he same number I had called a little bit ago, the one I thought was Allison's, but wasn't. 

OK.  What the fuck?  First I call you and get no response, I figure something went wrong with the phones, then my husband gets a hold of you, then you call me and hang up?  I'm already on edge because of this snow and pregnancy, and the Little, Ginormous Christmas that might not happen, and now you hang up on me?  Why not ask me why I called?  It's possible that we got disconnected and it seemed like I hung up on you, but really, give me a break.  Calling me back to hang up on me it just ridiculous!  I will refrain from calling you back and hanging up on you or yelling at you, but that is what I want to do. 

So these psychos that I accidentally called are becoming the scapegoat for my crabbiness today.  Way to snow on the day that I'm supposed to do a lot of driving to go somewhere fun.  You ruined Christmas!  I wish I was a kid again, because this would all seem fun, but right now it's just a big headache.  

And seriously phone people, grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment