Saturday, November 27, 2010

Our review of "Love and Other Drugs."

Last night we went out to a movie, Love and Other Drugs.  I thought it was very good, Brent said three out of five stars. 

The first thing we talked about was the amount of nudity in it.  There's lots of it.  Lots of sex scenes, lots of titties and ass, but they carefully avoided any exposure of any genitalia.  I guess dicks and bush are still taboo in Rated-R films. 

"Hey there was lots of nudity in the film, you must have liked that." I said to Brent.

"Well, yeah, but the main character who is naked the most wasn't that attractive."  He said.

The main female character is Anne Hathaway, staring next to Jake Gyllenhaal.  I don't think she is ugly, but I did note how she has gotten skinnier in each movie I see her in.  Actually the girl he thought the most attractive, who we see partially naked, was one of the fatter girls.  Now, she's fatter for Hollywood standards, but probably has a healthy BMI.  Plus she was short and curvy, so naturally did not take the rail-thin shape of some stars.  This is when I internally beam at my husband, "not all guys like thin women, some even think the thin ones are unattractive, like Anne Hathaway!"  I think to myself. I'm prettier than Anne Hathaway!

So now that we've talked about the nudity, I guess we'll get to the plot.  It's a romantic comedy.  It follows the same formula of any romantic comedy, but it has unique elements.  And both main characters are flawed and seem like real humans. I liked it, it made me cry, it made me laugh, it was good. 

So, Anne, put on some weight, you'll look better in sex scenes.  Jake, don't change a thing, you are a wonderful actor and have a fabulous body, keep doing movies where you have to take your pants off.  I suppose if you were to do one thing, you could get your eyebrows shaped.  But I'm willing to overlook that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment