Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What You Find At Babies R Us

I hate Babies R Us.  I keep ending up there.  I can't stop.  If you don't know what kind of car seat or stroller or frickin' bouncy chair you want and you want to be able to choose from 500 styles, it's the place to go.  I like to see things in person.  I like to touch them and see how they fold up before I buy them.  Last night we went there to buy a more compact stroller to take on vacation with us.  The stroller I chose off of Amazon.com barely fits into our hatchback, so we can't really bring it on a plane and hope it fits into our economy rental car. 

But this store sucks.  I hate it.  I usually end up throwing some sort of tantrum in there.  It took us over an hour to decide on a stroller.  I drew a floor plan of the store to illustrate the crappiness of this place:


Because Babies R Us sells everything imaginable for some items, stuff that probably shouldn't be sold.  And then for other items they have a very crappy selection, or no selection at all.  The store is huge and by the time you find the one item you need, you've become overwhelmed by the crap you've seen.  

Babies do not need very much.  This is the truth.  Some clothes, a few toys, a surface to sleep on, a car seat, and a carrier or a stroller or one of each, and that's about all.  Everything else is pretty optional.  We registered here and ended up with barely anything on it.  Which means we got repeats of a lot of stuff.  We picked out his new car seat at BRU and then bought it for much cheaper on Amazon.  

Avoid this place as much as possible.

1 comment:

  1. And then the stuff that is really worthwhile, like carriers, they have only shitty selections. Like you can't get a Beco or a good sling there. Only crappy infantino or peanut shell. ::facepalm::

    ReplyDelete